When we were discussing the definition of emerging technology in class, I recall Dr. Bert mentioning that these tools might be here today and gone tomorrow.
When our group for Assignment 3 began looking for a tool to capture the tutorial on screen, that is exactly what we ran into! ScreenToaster was highly recommended by many users, and the list of its features sounded perfect for our project -- except, screentoaster.com page would not load. I assumed that its server was down for the day, perhaps. But I had a funny feeling about it by the end of the day. Sure enough, someone mentioned in her blog that ScreenToaster had closed down. Alas. Another good emerging tool gone. Eventually we settled on Screenr, and think it will work well. Hmm. Life with emerging technologies.
Update: Add Bubbleply.com to the list. It worked last week but now their page says they have shut down. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment